Citrakadi vati is considered to be mainly treating various types of gastric disorders but yet this vati also finds application in various other disease types too. This vati brings about the cleansing the entire system thus helping in attainment of healthy mind, body and soul.
As per the ayurvedic texts Chitrak is known as fire. Therefore this formulation is best for the improper or the lack of digestive fire. It works on indigestion, lake of appetite, abdominal gas and remove Ama dosha’s which are due to lake of fire. Taste of this tablet is delicious, so it produces salivation and helps increasing the appetite. Increases digestion, and also increases appetite by helping the liver to function better. Its unique combination acts as an appetizer if taken before meal and as a digestive if taken after meal. By stimulating fat burn it also helps in mobilizing over deposited fat from the tissues.
The key ingredients of Citrakadi Vati as per their Sanskrit or the Indian names are:
- Bark of Chitrak mul.
- Pipali mul
- Sendha Namak
- Sonchar namak
- Kala namak
- Samudra namak
- Sanbhar namak
- Black pepper or kali mirch
- Choti Pipal
- Hingh that has been cooked in ghee
- Rasa from Dadim or pomegranate
Citrakadi Vati is extremely beneficial in following conditions:
- Citrakadi renders the body free from all the toxins and wastes.
- This stimulates appetite by provoking digestive fire.
- Citrakadi is very beneficial in Sprue Syndrome.
- Also beneficial in diarrhoea.
- Promotes proper secretion of digestive Pitta.
- Citrakadi benefits in various types of fevers.
- Citrakadi is known to increase digestive strength of the body.
- Citrakadi benefits in constipation and indigestion.
- Increases immunity.
- Citrakadi helps in bring back the digestive system back on track.
- Is also beneficial for the individuals suffering from condition when less amount of urine is passed.
- Citrakadi also helps in conditions a painful urination.
- Works as antiseptic against various infections.
- Citrakadi helps in reduction of the excessive gases or air in the stomach and prevents the occurrence of flatulence.
- Removes Aama Dosha, which is formed due to lack of fire. Aama leads to formation of endotoxins which is root cause of many auto-immune diseases like Rheumatoid Arthritis, SLE, Scleroderma, Nephrotic Syndrome, Ankylosing spondylitis etc.
- Citrakadi increases the digestive strength of the body when regularly consumed twice a day.
- Useful in irritable bowel syndrome, anorexia, frequent loose stools, heaviness in abdomen, gas formation.
- Maintains the peristaltic movements of the intestine, and stops the flow of undigested food along with loose stool.
- One can consume 2 – 4 tablets with water after having the meals.